Wow! That came as a real surprise! To be recognized for your work in the world of blogging where what you write is literally a drop in the ocean. I thank sincerely Venus’s Beauty whose site is http://venussbeauty.wordpress.com/. Trust me, you will discover some fantastic blogs here which strongly appeal to our feminine side. Men can also take a look and switch on their right brains by reading her posts on health, lifestyle, art and deco among other things. And moreover she writes in two languages, French and English, catering to a wider range of public.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions. ( I haven’t listed eleven)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
The questions I got from Venus are:
- What is your real job?
I guess I am always a teacher at heart. Whatever be the domain I choose, I guess I will be always imparting my knowledge and skills to the people willing to learn from me.
- If you were given the chance to go back to the past and change something, what would it be?
Hmmm, good question. But really, I do not think I would change anything. I have committed more than enough mistakes and blunders, but I guess without them, I would’nt have the clarity in life that I have now. I am convinced that all the moments that I passed through led to this present moment. As I believe in reincarnation, I know I can always choose to do whatever I have left out or correct my mistakes.
- What kind of person are you in real life?
Well, I would describe myself as just another woman in this world like a million others, with my share of victories and struggles, joy and pain. But I try to be as authentic as I can, recognizing and accepting my strengths and weaknesses. I let other people make their own judgements about me. I may call myself mild-mannered but there would be a whole bunch of people out there with whom I rubbed shoulders the wrong way who would call me aggressive.
- Read a book or watch a movie?
Read a book any day, anytime. It helps me dive deeper into the character and move along with his experiences in a more intimate way. If the book offers some kind of wisdom or information, I know it will definitely transform me in some way. Though I do watch movies I am more of a words person. For me words are very much alive.
- What is your opinion on feminism?
For me feminism is all about being more sensitive and nourishing, to oneself and to those around, while at the same time being grounded and strong. Sadly, it is the aggressive nature of all human beings, both men and women, brought about by excessive competition which seems to rule the world. I believe that even men can practise feminism by giving up some of the male privileges handed over by their respective cultures and helping their womenfolk to discover and enhance their own potential. Anyway, for me feminism should serve to bring harmony to this world as man and woman are just two parts of a whole. It should never serve to tip the balance to the other side.
- What is your worst phobia?
Cockroaches. But I think I am slowly getting over it.
- The country of your dreams?
Can I say the whole planet? Still, If I have to choose, I would say Zambia, because I spent a part of my childhood there and the memories are getting more and more vague. I would definitely like to refresh them along the banks of the Zambezi river.
- What is your opinion about « money can’t buy happiness »?
Happiness can never be bought, it is a state within ourselves which has to be reached through conscious practice. But then, the value of money can never be undermined because it serves to meet our basic needs which are still not met for a vast majority of people, including sadly, children. Money can be judiciously used to serve us, or it can be shared too in practical ways, if the act brings us joy.
- Sweet or salty?
Salty, with the slow emergence of a sweet tooth. Is it due to personality change? Or biological reasons, I wonder?
- How did you discover my blog?
I think I got the link through another blog. I don’t remember exactly but I am glad I found it.
- What do you think about my blog?
I think your blog is fabulous. Fashion, beauty and health are some areas of interest to me and I love your bilingual blog. I dream of writing this way, one day…
As for nominating others, I have chosen the following blogs. I discovered some of them fairly recently but their content appealed to me.
- Rose Girl’s
- Gyslaine LE GAL http://lgyslaine.wordpress.com/
- Watching the daisies https://watchingthedaisies.com/
- Lance Sheridon http://lancesheridan.com/
- Uncle Tree http://uncletreeshouse.com/
- Jamesdeeclayton http://diaryofanaesthete.com/
- Bernard25 http://bernard25.wordpress.com/
- Rupika Chopra http://hertintedcloset.wordpress.com/
- Esoterica https://existentialergonomics.com/
Now my questions are the following:
- What self-help skill do you practise for your personal evolution, which you would also recommend to others? / Que faites-vous pour l’évolution personelle, ce que vous conseillerez aux autres également?
- How do you think you can contribute to a better world for our children? / Comment envisagez-vous contribuer à un monde meilleur pour nos enfants?
- What environment-friendly measures have you adopted for a greener planet?/
Quelles mesures adoptez-vous pour la protection de la planète?
- Do you like travelling? Apart from discovering new terrain, give one aspect of travel which attracts you. / Aimez-vous voyager? Outre que la découverte des nouveaux territoires citez un aspect du voyage qui vous plaît beaucoup.
- Are you an animal lover? What further steps can be taken for the protection of the animal kingdom? / Aimez-vous les animaux? Qu’est-ce-qu’on pourrait faire pour protéger davantage les animaux?
- What is your preferred genre in reading? / Quel genre de lecture faites-vous?
- Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? What is your view on spirituality?/
Vous voyez-vous en tant qu’une personne spirituelle ? /Quel est votre avis sur la spiritualité ?
- How do you prefer to spend your free-time, in solitude or in the company of others? / En général, préférez-vous passer votre temps libre en solitude ou avec les autres?
- What is your preferred form of art? / Quel est votre art préfére?
- What do you do to get away from the humdrum of everyday existence? / Que faites-vous pour vous échapper de la monotonie quotidienne?
- Do you think learning a foreign language is important? / Pensez-vous qu’apprendre une langue étrangere est important?
Voilà.. there you are. Now to those who would rather write their own posts than the answers to my questions, it’s perfectly understandable. As for the others I would love to hear your views.